Join OSU Extension online this winter for a Thursday morning series about soil health. Starting on January 14, we will dig below the surface to investigate new developments in soil health and soil management. All sessions are 8:00-8:30am EST and feature a variety of speakers from Ohio and beyond. The series is free, but participants must register at go.osu.edu/soilhealth2021.
- 1/14: Does It Pay to Improve Soil Health on Your Farm? Farmer Panel: Nathan Brown, Matt Falb, Les Seiler
- 1/21: What Can Soil Health Tests Tell You? Steve Culman, Ohio State School of Environment and Natural Resources
- 1/28: Can Improving Soil Health Improve Yield? Jordon Wade, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- 2/4: Cover Crop Management for Soil Health Hans Kok, Indiana Conservation Cropping Systems
- 2/11: No session –Corn College
- 2/18: Compaction Solutions Scott Shearer, Ohio State Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- 2/25: Using Ohio Data and Research to Improve Soil Health Steve Culman and Elizabeth Hawkins, Ohio State Extension
- 3/4: What’s the Return on Investing in Soil Health? Rick Clark, Green America.
- 3/11: No session –CTC
- 3/18: Programs and Funding to Support Soil Health Panel presentation –speakers TBA
CCA CEU credit available for all sessions.
You may view the event flyer here.
Thank you for North Central Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education for your support.