If your credit score is 580 or greater and one of the following apply to you, we recommend registering for Home Buyer Education. If you don't meet the recommended criteria for Home Buyer Education, we recommend registering for Money Management.
• Ready to learn the entire home buying process
• Interested in down payment/closing cost assistance programs
• Steady income for the last two years
• Bankruptcy discharge/dismissed within the past two years
• Pre-approved by a lender
• In-contract on a home
You will learn:
• The steps in the home buying process
• How to apply for a mortgage loan
• How to understand your credit
• How to select a lender, realtor, home inspector and insurance agent
• How to budget to buy a home
• What happens at closing
• What it takes to be a successful homeowner
• About a down payment and closing cost assistance programs
The Home Buyer Education workshop is a total of eight hours (two four-hour sessions). Those who attend both of the dates in a given series (eight hours total) and participate in a one-on-one budget/credit counseling session will receive a HUD-certified Certificate of Completion, which often is required to apply for many down payment/closing cost assistance programs and/or grants.
Class is full. Please register for our February class.