If your credit score is 640 or greater and one of the following apply to you, we recommend registering for Home Buyer Education. If you don't meet the recommended criteria for Home Buyer Education, we recommend registering for Money Management.
- Ready to learn the entire home buying process
- Interested in down payment/closing cost assistance programs
- Steady income for the last two years
- Bankruptcy discharge/dismissed within the past two years
- Pre-approved by a lender
- In-contract on a home
You will learn:
- The steps in the home buying process
- How to apply for a mortgage loan
- How to understand your credit
- How to select a lender, realtor, home inspector and insurance agent
- How to budget to buy a home
- What happens at closing
- What it takes to be a successful homeowner
- About a down payment and closing cost assistance programs
The Home Buyer Education workshop is a total of eight hours (two four-hour sessions). Those who attend both of the dates in a given series (eight hours total) and participate in a one-on-one budget/credit counseling session will receive a HUD-certified Certificate of Completion, which often is required to apply for many down payment/closing cost assistance programs and/or grants.
Please click here to register.
This workshop will be held via Zoom. The link to access the class will be sent out prior to class. You will need to install Zoom on your mobile device or computer. It is free to use.
Home Buyer Education workshops taught by or on behalf of OSU Extension are offered as an educational service only. We do not provide investment, legal or tax advice. The information provided is for general educational purposes only, and is not intended to substitute for the advice of your investment, legal and/or tax advisors or to be the basis of specific trading or investment activities. If you need investment, legal and/or tax advice, please consult with one of these professionals. The links to third-party resources are provided as a convenience for informational purposes only. Neither The Ohio State University or OSU Extension endorses or approves any of the products, services or opinions of the entities or individuals associated with these links. The Ohio State University and OSU Extension bear no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of any external site associated with the links provided or any subsequent links.