There's a wonderful opportunity for families with children of 8 years of age or younger to engage in a learning, growing, and farming for-profit and healthy eating entreprenurship. The Family Missionary Bapist Church, Parsons Area Merchants Assoicaton (PAMA), SOuth Side Community Action Network (CAN), InFACT, and Ohio State University Extension invite the public to join them in a open and free workshop series to help plan for the 2018 growing season. Whether growing in your back yard or connected to one of our many local community gardens/urban farm sites, we invite you to come out.
The first three workshops will be held at the Family Missionary Baptist Church 996 Oakwood Avenue, Columbus, OH 43206. The fourth workshop will be held at The Residences At Career Gateway, Learning and Business Center, 755 E Whittier Street, Columbus, OH 43206. Click here, to view the printable flyer.
• Tuesday, 2/6 - Garden planning, methods, and strategies
• Tuesday, 2/20 - Seed starting
• Tuesday, 3/6 - Integrated pest management
• Tuesday, 3/20 - Good agricultural practices
• All meetings start at 6 P.M.
• FREE and open to the public