Please join The Sports and Society Initiative for "Intersectionality of Change," a four-part series looking at how sports can empower people to use their voices and become change agents for social justice. We encourage the community to come together and craft a narrative for impact and will provide a space to explore key topics and motivate attendees to act on what is discussed. Our goal is to see what change has taken place and how can we continue it.
- 2/25/2021: Intersectionality of Change Session 1: Understanding the Intersectionality of Change
- 3/25/2021: Intersectionality of Change Session 2: Taking Action, Making Change
- 4/15/2021: Intersectionality of Change Session 3: Developing Narrative for Change
- 5/20/2021: Intersectionality of Change Session 4: Reporting Out, Moving Forward
Session two will be moderated by broadcaster and basketbal, star Clark Kellogg, focuses on "Taking Action: Organizational conversation with those who have had an impact," and will involve a 45-minute talk, followed by 30-minute breakout room session for more detailed and personal conversation with people and organizations that include:.
- Big Ten Equality Coalition
- Ohio State Athletic Director Gene Smith
- Institute for the Study of Sport, Society and Social Change