Are you interested in becoming a Camp Counselor for the 2016 camp year? Here is all of the information you need to know about the application process, meeting dates, and camp dates!
2016 CIT & Counselor Application Process
Last Year’s Returning CIT’s and Camp Counselors – All 2015 CIT’s & Camp Counselors are eligible to apply to be a Camp Counselor in 2016. The application is due November 16, 2015. The online application can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/counselor16
Camp Counselor In Training (CIT) - Competition for this award/opportunity is open to all 4-H members who are at least 14 years of age. Open CIT positions will be awarded first to those who are 14 as of January 1, 2016, and then to those applicants who will be 14 by June 14. The application is due November 16, 2015, and can be found https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/counselor16.
There is a two step process for applicants who are applying to be a camp counselor in training (CIT):
STEP 1: Fill out the online application found above.
STEP 2: Create a video of the applicant teaching something and send it in.
Videos can be on USB Drives or a CD/DVD and sent to the Extension Office or uploaded to a website like YouTube then email the link to email@example.com
- Videos should be between 2 and 5 minutes long.
- Act in the video as if the viewer is your student.
- When emailing your link, put (YOUR NAME, CIT APPLICANT) in the subject of the email.
- While it's ok to have fun in the video, remember that you are being evaluated on your ability to communicate positively, professionally, and clearly.
Applicants unable to make a video should contact Beth Boomershine immediately to arrange a time to create a video.
Both steps must be complete by November 16, 2015.
NOTE: Due to the number of CIT/Counselor positions available, not all applicants will be accepted this year.
- December 3, Thursday 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. *parent meeting at 8:00 p.m.
- January14, Thursday 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- January 30, Saturday noon - 5:00 p.m.
- February 10, Wednesday 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- February 27, Saturday 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- March 10, Thursday 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- April 7, Thursday 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- April 22 & 23 Camp Counselor Workshop (Important for 1st and 2nd year counselors to attend)
- April 23 & 24 Franklin County Counselors Workshop at Camp Ohio
- May 4, Wednesday 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- May 23, Monday 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- June 8, Wednesday 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Camp Dates, Monday - Friday June 13 - 17
- It is necessary to attend a minimum of 24 hours of training/workshops...which should include a majority of the meetings.
- Being a camp counselor does require a financial commitment to cover trainings, workshops, and camp costs.
- More information about hours and the financial commitment will be explained at the December meeting along a couple of new additions.
- Everyone will be contacted with the results as soon as they are available.