This summer, young people from across our state will come together to build a sustainable, secure food future for Ohio.
Ohio State Extension, Franklin County and the Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation are excited to announce the 2021 ExploreAg camps! ExploreAg is a unique FREE camp experience for high school freshmen, sophomores and juniors to explore various careers in agriculture.
Students will interact with and learn directly from teachers, scientists and researchers. Subject areas include food science, precision agriculture, animal science, natural resources, management skills, technology, and agricultural business. In addition to the classroom experience, scholars will participate in field experiences that highlight cutting-edge research and meet industry partners to provide a glimpse of various careers in related fields. There will also be sessions focused on soft skills such as interviewing, resume building and public speaking to prepare participants for the workforce.
2021 WEEKLONG CAMPS
- June 13 - 18, 2021: The Ohio State University Main Campus
- June 20 - 25, 2021: The Ohio State University ATI Campus
2021 WEEKEND CAMPS
Locations will be announced in conjunction with colleges or universities across the state.
- July 9 - 11, 2021
- July 16 - 18, 2021
- September 10 - 12, 2021
- Click here to view the flyer.
- Weeklong Camp Priority: March 5, 2021
- Weeklong Camp Final: April 2, 2021
- Weekend Camps: June 28, 2021
- A one-three minute video "Please tell us about one agricultural career and why that interests you." (Weeklong Camp Only)
- One reference that is not a friend or family member. (Weeklong and Weekend Camps)
The ExploreAg camps are FREE to attend. Program costs covered include on-campus accommodations, meals, staffing, course supplies, program materials, and transportation. Supervision is provided at all times by faculty, staff, and program counselors who are current college students in related majors.
**All ExploreAg programming is subject to cancellation or alternation based on the current COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.**
If you have any further questions, please visit exploreag.org or contact Marissa Mulligan at firstname.lastname@example.org.